Discover how communities can unlock sources of untapped capital for local economic health. Join national leaders to explore the changing laws and existing tools available for homegrown finance.
The day before SoCap begins, (the major international impact investing conference) a NEW event is being offered focused on localized, community investing. National experts are hosting a half day (noon to 5:00) COMMUNITY CAPITAL SYMPOSIUM on how impact investing begins at home. SoCap is a geat event, attended by thousands, but has been primarily focused on institutional investing and large sums of money via accredited investors. But, if 99% of us can’t participate, how will we grow healthy economies anywhere?
This CoCap Symposium is for three main audiences: (1) entrepreneurs seeking capital, (2) investors, or would-be investors interested in moving their money locally, and (3) ecosystem builders/economic and community developers/citizen activists. We hope you’ll join us at 200 Frank H. Ogawa Center in Oakland, CA. Communities investing in themselves should be common practice. Let’s make it happen!
To get more information and to register, CLICK HERE
SPONSORED BY: Springboard Innovation, Cutting Edge Capital, the Local Investing Resource Center, HUB Oakland, ChangeXchange NW, Sustainable Business Alliance, and Oakland Grown.
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 2 AGENDA
- 12 noon - Doors open – networking /
- 12:30 - Welcome & Introductions
- 1:00 - The “Vision of Community Capital” with James Frazier and Jenny Kassan
- 1:30 - Panel: What are people doing to grow community capital? Q & A
- 3:00 - Breakout sessions: (Three sessions: one for community and economic developers, one for investors, one for entrepreneurs.)
- 4:00 - Facilitated Group Discussion: How do we work together to grow a local investing marketplace?
- 5:00 - Closing – Time to network
http://cocap.eventbrite.com to register.